- 2016: The Year of the Bowl?
- Austin's Newest Food Truck Will Serve Vegan Shakes and Fries
- A Guide to Birthday Pie Worthy of P. Diddy
- Watch Alan Rickman Make a Cup of Tea
- Pastafarianism Takes Denmark
- How to Cope During the Cauliflower Shortage
- Facing Hot Competition, Tabasco Opens a Museum
- What to Do if You’re Not Famous Enough to Get into Tyrese’s Private Benihana
- Whole Foods Taps Momofuku Alum to Revamp Their Menu
- Why Salads in Alaska Are About to Get Way Better
If you needed an excuse to drink a beer...
No one wants a beer belly, but you might want beer blood. A recent study published in Nutrition showed that drinking a moderate amount of beer helped improve participants' blood flow and aortic flexibility. While the researchers aren’t exactly sure why beer seems to do these things, they think it has something to do with alcohol and antioxidants. Sorry, teetotalers, de-alcoholized beer was much less effective.
These findings are just the latest in the long list of beer’s health benefits. We already know that it can help brain functionality, prevent heart failure and even keep you alive longer. Need some suggestions for picking out a good-for-you brew? Try one from these amazing nanobreweries, a seasonally flavored sage beer or kick things up a notch with one of these beer cocktails.