- 5 Best Cuisines for Gluten-Free Diners
- Batali Disciple in Cartagena
- Oatmeal, Cheaper, Faster and Better
- The Five Commandments for Making Perfect Biscuits
- The Perfect Miami Beach Food Weekend Part One
- Pay-What-You-Want Restaurants
- Counterintuitive Pairing: Chorizo with White, Striped Bass with Red
- Jonathan Waxman's Way
- Restaurant Survivor - The Grand Cayman Episode
- Chinese Food Outside the Takeout Box
World’s 50 Best Restaurants, which will be announced Monday, April 30th at London’s prestigious Guildhall.
Courtesy of World's 50 Best Restaurants
Can you feel the excitement building? Who’s going to be #1 on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list. We'll all know when the announcement is made Monday, April 30th at London’s prestigious Guildhall.
I can’t find a betting line (my work email is refusing to let me access gambling sites). Me, I’d say that the odds are in favor of my hero René Redzepi’s Noma restaurant in Copenhagen, the current #1. But in New York City, some knowledgeable chefs are talking about Mugaritz in Errenteria, Spain, and its chef Andoni Luis Aduriz as the potential big winner (he was last year’s #3). Another name that comes up as the potential winner: The Roca brothers at El Cellar de Can Roca in Spain’s Catalonia (#2 in 2011).
Whether you want to try to make money on this or not, you can keep track of the results live starting at around 3.15 pm EST when the winners will be announced in blocks of 10 at theworlds50best.com. Alternately, finedininglovers.com will be live streaming the results from The Guildhall.
If you want to drive yourself crazy with anticipation, watch the countdown on the World’s 50 Best site which is counting down the seconds until the event.