- The Easiest Fruits and Vegetables to Grow in Your Garden, According to Linton Hopkins
- A Buzzy NYC Bakery's Super-Simple Cakes
- Detroit Hotspot Katoi Raises $20,000 After a Devastating Fire
- How the Owner of San Francisco's Coolest Champagne Bar Hosts a Party
- The Wahlbergs Are Being Sued for Expanding Their Wahlburgers Chain
- What's Inside a Hawaiian Wellington?
- Dozens of Workers Fired After Protesting on 'Day Without Immigrants'
- One of the World's Best Restaurants Is Staging a 2-Night Pop-Up in Brooklyn
- How It Feels to Be an Immigrant Worker in a Restaurant Kitchen Now
- Restaurants Around the Country Show Support for #ADayWithoutImmigrants
Here’s the question elite San Francisco chef Daniel Patterson gets all the time: “Where did you come up with the idea for that dish?” Here's his short answer: “It’s complicated.”
For anyone, like me, who wants to go deeper on the subject—as well as sample awesome food and cocktails from some of the best and coolest cooks and food know-it-alls from around the country—it’s all happening at New York City’s Astor Center next weekend, November 12th and 13th, at the Alchemy of Taste and Smell. Among the highlights: Momofuku’s Dave Chang and WD50’s Wylie Dufresne in a New Favorite Flavors seminar, and an ingenious flavors and aromas demo from Patterson and Top Chef’s Just Desserts star Johnny Iuzzini. Plus a big all-star opening party on Friday night and an intimate all-star dinner on Saturday. Astorcenternyc.com has more information, and tickets for all the events.