- 25 Best Wines for Summer
- Jalapeño-Infused Red Wine?!
- Roger Federer vs. Enrique Olvera: The Grand Slam of Scallop Slicing
- Why a Sake-Obsessed Couple Decided to Brew Their Own
- Wine Pairing Guide to Shrimp, Scallops, Crab and Mussels
- What Wine Goes Best With a Chocolate Bunny?
- The 50th Anniversary of Cru Barolo
- Working the Snowy Vermont Vineyards of La Garagista Winery
- Ice Wine, That Peachy-Lychee-Tropical-Honeyed Nectar
- 3 Luxe Cognacs That Are Worthy of Their Price Tags
Photo courtesy of CellarTracker.com
Pair with grilled chicken, burgers, lamb and ribs.
2012 Herencia Altés Terra Alta Garnatxa Negra ($11) Importer Eric Solomon has teamed up with Spanish winemaker Nuria Altés to make this exceptional Grenache value.
2011 Palacios Remondo La Vendimia ($16) The high percentage of Grenache in the blend of this Rioja red creates a silkiness that works very well when chilled.
2012 Pierre Chermette Beaujolais ($16) Native yeasts, minimal filtration and little added sulfur give this basic Beaujolais astounding freshness and flavor intensity.
2009 Boroli Madonna di Como Dolcetto D’Alba ($17) Light-bodied yet full of flavor, Italy’s Dolcetto is an excellent summertime red—especially when it’s as good as this.
2010 Villa Maria Private Bin Pinot Noir ($20) This New Zealand Pinot is so bright and juicy that the wine almost tastes better cold than at room temperature.