- Could Roy Choi’s Tacos Win Los Angeles the 2024 Olympics?
- Video: Rick Bayless Makes the Ultimate 4/20 Tacos
- WATCH: Anthony Bourdain Explores Manila in the New Season of Parts Unknown
- The Ultimate Triple-Egg Breakfast
- Watch: How to Make Hot Pot at Home
- Watch Alan Rickman Make a Cup of Tea
- Chef José Andrés Thinks Beets Are Sexy
- The Science Behind Letting Meat Rest After Cooking
- Video: Gail Simmons Finds an Epic Meal in Palm Springs
- Watch: Chris Cosentino's Offal Odyssey in Hong Kong
Already known for its masterful fried chicken, Thomas Keller’s Ad Hoc in Yountville, California, is now focusing on America’s other favorite comfort food: barbecue.
Already known for its masterful fried chicken, Thomas Keller’s Ad Hoc in Yountville, California, is now focusing on America’s other favorite comfort food: barbecue. After weeks of perfecting the technique, chef de cuisine Katie Hagan-Whelchel has mastered the art of mopping and smoking. The fruits (or meats, in this case) of her labor can be tasted at Addendum, Ad Hoc’s takeout spot, from 11 a.m. to 2p.m., Thursday through Saturday. The meats are smoked with hickory and local Napa Valley grapevines and topped with one of Hagan-Whelchel’s three sauces: sweet tomato, Carolina gold, or hot and spicy. To get a first-hand look at Hagan-Whelchel’s technique, we strapped a GoPro to her head and set her to smoking a rack of ribs. Watch the hunger-inducing video above to see how she does it.