- Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- Why You Should Be Eating Millet
- Eat Like a Bird With These Amazing Seed Recipes
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
- 5 Ways to Eat Chestnuts in Rome
- Wines to Pair with Roasted Fish
- The Best Bread for Grilled Cheese
- What Is Chai and How to Make It
- 8 Global Takes on Chicken Curry
There are a zillion ways to make granola and almost as many ways to use it. Here, 9 ideas to take the crunchy cereal out of the bowl.
There are a zillion ways to make granola and almost as many ways to use it. Here are a few fun ideas to take the crunchy cereal out of the bowl.
1. Breakfast baked goods. Toss a handful of granola into your muffin or pancake batter to add texture and crunch.
2. Salads. Use the latest chef trick and sprinkle salty-sweet granola over salads. The crispy garnish is better with naturally sweet veggies, like snap peas or roasted carrots.
3. Gratins. Instead of bread crumbs, top a root vegetable gratin with granola after baking.
4. Fruit crisps. In a food processor, pulse granola with softened butter, flour and sugar for a different kind of streusel topping.
5. Puddings. Bring the yogurt parfait into the 21st century and sprinkle granola over your chia seed pudding.
6. Cookies. Turn your coffee companion into a hiking snack by adding granola to biscotti or other cookie dough.
7. Bars. Give yourself an excuse to eat a chocolate bar and make these.
8. Trail Mix. Toss granola with chocolate chips and more nuts and dried fruit for a quick energy-boosting snack.
9. Cupcakes. Sprinkle it on top of the frosting for a little crunch.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.