- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Grilling a whole fish is easier than you might think, and the result is a super-impressive centerpiece for a summertime dinner party. Whether you go big with a snapper or single-serve with trout, F&W has the recipes you need. Here, nine delicious ways to grill whole fish.
Grilling a whole fish is easier than you might think, and the result is a super-impressive centerpiece for a summertime dinner party. Whether you go big with a snapper or single-serve with trout, F&W has the recipes you need. Here, nine delicious ways to grill whole fish. (Pro tip: Let the fish come to room temperature and dry it well before grilling; otherwise the fish will give off steam and stick to the grill.)
1. Grilled Whole Snapper
This incredible, flaky, tender snapper is coated in a crispy bread crumb crust.
2. Whole Grilled Fish with Crispy Garlic and Red Chiles
Grilling fish like red snapper in banana leaves keeps it ultra moist.
3. Salt-Crusted Tilapia with Lemongrass
Tilapia is super versatile. Here, Andy Ricker stuffs whole fish with lemongrass, encases it in a salt crust, and cooks it over a charcoal fire.
4. Grilled Whole Fish with Chile and Lime
Tom Colicchio likes to grill a show-stopping whole sea bass with Asian flavors with cilantro, lime and hot chile sauce.
5. Grilled Branzino with Skordalia and Ladolemono
Smoky, grilled branzino is fantastic with a superlemony Greek ladeolemono sauce and a tangy, garlicky potato puree.
6. Grilled Fish with Sauce au Chien
Sauce au chien is like an exotic vinaigrette made with herbs, aromatic vegetables and lime juice. It’s a lively, pungent and spicy complement to all kinds of grilled foods.
7. Asian-Style Grilled Whole Red Snapper with Radish Salad
Drizzling moist and tender grilled snapper with an Asian vinaigrette is easy and utterly delicious.
8. Grilled Sardines with Herbed Fennel-and-Olive Salad
Sardines are great fish to grill: they cook quickly, and because they’re oily, they’re harder to overcook than delicate white fish.
9. Grilled Trout with Ginger and Vinegar
It doesn’t get much simpler than this super-easy recipe.