- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 6 Extra-Spicy Chicken Wing Recipes
- 9 Extremely Delicious Things to Make With Kabocha Squash
- 7 Vibrant Recipes for the First Day of Spring
- 5 Ways to Use an Entire Bottle of Old Bay Seasoning
Whether served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, appetizer, entrée or dessert, these nine awesome recipes prove that tomatoes are perfect for any time of the day (or night).
Whether served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, appetizer, entrée or dessert, these nine awesome recipes prove that tomatoes are perfect for any time of the day (or night). Smart tip: Use this easy hack from an episode of Mad Genius Tips when a recipe calls for peeled tomatoes.
1. Eggs Baked in Roasted Tomato Sauce
Studies have shown that people who eat eggs for breakfast tend to lose weight. Here, eggs are cooked in an antioxidant-rich tomato sauce.
2. Savory Oatmeal with Tomatoes, Parmesan and Eggs
This is a clever, quick-cooking savory take on oatmeal. Chef Sang Yoon cooks oats risotto-style and flavors them with basil, tomatoes and cheese, then tops the creamy mix with perfect poached eggs.
3. Stilton and Burst Cherry Tomato Crostini
Roasting cherry tomatoes until they burst makes them super-juicy and sweet; combining them with salty Stilton cheese on toast makes a quick and tasty starter or snack.
4. Grilled Bread and Marinated Tomato Salad
Grilling the bread for this panzanella (bread salad) adds a slight smokiness and crunch. Marinate the tomatoes ahead of time so all you have to do is grill the bread and assemble the salad to serve.
5. Tomato Acqua Cotta
Acqua cotta, or "cooked water," is a rustic Italian vegetable soup.
6. Stuffed Tomatoes
Ground pork and veal give these tomatoes a more complex flavor. Fresh bread crumbs make the stuffing especially light.
7. Pimento-Cheese-and-Tomato Pie
This luscious, quiche-like pie is a mash-up of two Southern favorites—tangy pimento cheese and silky tomato pie. The riper and more flavorful your tomato is, the better the pie will be. Crumble bacon over the top to really push it over the edge!
8. Green-Tomato Jam
It may seem weird to serve tomato jam with ice cream, but tomatoes are fruits, and they make a lovely dessert sauce.
9. Tomato Sorbet
Andrew Zimmern makes this recipe all summer long with everything from orange sunburst cherry tomatoes to Valencias to German Striped. He says the bigger the acidity and sweetness of the tomatoes, the better.