- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
It’s no secret that fat is making a comeback. Now a new study shows that a low-carb, high-protein, high-fat diet helped subjects lose weight, build muscle and maybe even reduce their risk of cardiac disease.
It’s no secret that fat is making a comeback. Now a new study shows that a low-carb, high-protein, high-fat diet helped subjects lose weight, build muscle and maybe even reduce their risk of cardiac disease. It’s just one study, of course, but you can add it to the increasingly large pile of evidence suggesting that a meal of unprocessed meat and vegetables might be an intelligent thing to eat for dinner. Here, nine recipes to try tonight.
1. Beef Satays over Thai Salad
Asian fish sauce, lemon juice and rice vinegar make a simple, refreshing dressing for succulent chunks of sirloin.
2. Fried Eggs with Mustard Seed Oil and Kale
Have breakfast for dinner with this super-easy, protein-rich egg dish.
3. Shio Koji–Marinated Pork Shoulder Steaks
Shio koji, a Japanese sweet-salty condiment gives these juicy pork chops incredible flavor.
4. Roasted Chicken with Walnut-Arugula Pesto
Arugula, walnuts and Manchego cheese go into a fantastic pesto to pair with poultry.
5. Cauliflower, Bacon and Parmesan Frittata
This hearty frittata is great for a quick weeknight meal.
6. Olive Oil–Poached Hake on Sautéed Zucchini with Tomatoes
Poaching hake in olive oil makes the fish silky and delicious.
7. California Steak Salad
This fast steak dish can be made with whatever vegetables are on hand.
8. Greek Salad with Oregano-Roasted Salmon
Upgrade the classic Greek salad by adding roast salmon, which is rich in healthy omega-3 fats.
9. Bacon Guacamole
Take the classic dip to another level by adding crispy, smoky bacon.