- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Florida’s famous orange groves are under attack!
Florida’s famous orange groves are under attack! Citrus greening, a disease that results in small, bitter oranges, has taken its toll on nearly every growing operation in the state. With fewer oranges being produced, prices are on the rise. Here, nine fantastic dishes to make with the fruit while it’s still affordable.
1. Pineapple-Orange Guacamole
How do you upgrade the classic dip? Adding oranges and pineapple gives it a fun, fruity twist.
2. Fennel, Orange and Cabbage Slaw
Juicy oranges add wonderful citrus flavor to this crunchy salad.
3. Rocking Orange
This terrific brunch mocktail is made with fresh orange juice, orange syrup and garnished with thin strips of orange zest.
4. Orange–Glazed Chicken Wings
Orange juice and zest coat these fast chicken wings.
5. The Breslin’s Ricotta Pancakes with Orange Syrup
April Broomfield’s delicious pancakes are even more exquisite thanks to the vibrant orange syrup.
6. Duck à l’Orange
Jacques Pépin makes the classic French dish with navel oranges.
7. Orange Fizz
This summery cocktail contains fresh orange juice, orange-flavored vodka and orange-flower water.
8. Citrus-Granita and Orange-Mousse Parfaits
“I love a hot fudge sundae, but this is more refreshing,” says Jimmy Bradley about this excellent dessert.
9. Gingered Orange Gratin
This 30-minute dessert features warm, sweet orange slices topped with whipped crème fraîche, candied ginger and shredded mint.