- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Best Fennel Soups
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
From gorgeous dal to bright mango chutney, here are nine colorful Indian dishes to make to celebrate the beginning of spring.
While it may still be snowing in many parts of the country, Holi, the Hindu festival of colors, begins tomorrow. From gorgeous dal to bright mango chutney, here are nine colorful Indian dishes to make to celebrate the beginning of spring.
1. Red Lentil Dal with Coconut Milk and Kale
Creamy lentils are topped with vibrant spice-cooked onions, red chiles and fresh cilantro.
2. Red Cabbage Stir-Fry with Coconut
This quick vegetarian dish is made with a fresh coconut, a Keralan staple.
3. Vegetarian Biryani
Potato, carrots and and peas star in this flavorful rice dish.
4. Chickpeas in Spicy Tomato Gravy
Served with yogurt and naan, this classic Punjabi dish is great for a crowd.
5. Spicy Chickpea Salad
Rajat Parr's healthy salad is inspired by the Indian street food, chana chaat.
6. Mango Chutney
This beautiful golden spread is great with curry dishes or with cheese and crackers.
7. Saffron Lassi
Saffron gives this yogurt-based drink it's beautiful color and elegant flavor.
8. Aloo Gobi
Ready in just 45 minutes, this is a light version of the classic potato and cauliflower dish.
9. Fresh Vegetable Curry
Make this recipe easier by cooking the vegetables directly in the sweet and spicy curry sauce.