- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
Eating a perfectly ripe apricot is one of life’s great pleasures, but you can upgrade the experience with booze.
Eating a perfectly ripe apricot is one of life’s great pleasures, but you can upgrade the experience with booze. Here, nine vibrant, refreshing apricot cocktails to make now.
1. Pisco-Apricot Tropicál
Inspired by the Pisco Punch, the Pisco-Apricot Tropicál first appeared in Charles H. Baker’s 1951 South American Gentleman’s Companion.
2. Georgia on My Mind
Beer adds carbonation and a pleasant funkiness to cocktails. The apricot ale here offers fruitiness, too.
To keep this drink from getting too cold, bartender Hidetsugo Ueno employs what he calls a low-speed stir. "You have to feel when the stir gets heavy," he says. "That's the moment when the apricot aroma really comes through."
4. Sumo in a Sidecar
In this version of the classic sidecar, apricot brandy replaces traditional Cognac.
This sparkling, apricot-accented cocktail is a take on the early-20th-century drink French 75 (gin, Champagne, lemon juice and sugar). Besito means "little kiss."
6. The A List
This smooth tequila cocktail features apricot brandy and fresh orange juice.
7. Wheat and Barley
Here, mixologist Sean Muldoon combines plum (vodka) and apricot (liqueur) with citrus to make this pleasantly dry cocktail.
8. Gin Blossom
In this fragrant, crystal-clear cocktail apricot eau-de-vie is matched with juniper-scented gin.
9. Northern Spy
Bartender Josey Packard makes her own apricot brandy for this cocktail by infusing Cognac with dried fruit.