- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
There's nothing like waking up to the sweet smell of cinnamon-spiced baked goods on a weekend morning. (Especially if it's a big batch of waffle-ironed cinnamon rolls!) Here, nine of F&W's best cinnamon brunch recipes to try your hand at.
There's nothing like waking up to the sweet smell of cinnamon-spiced baked goods on a weekend morning. (Especially if it's a big batch of waffle-ironed cinnamon rolls!) Here, nine of F&W's best cinnamon brunch recipes to try your hand at:
1. Cinnamon Polenta Pancakes
Using polenta (cornmeal) in addition to white flour in these pancakes makes them especially satisfying, as the ground whole grain delivers lots of fiber and a good amount of protein.
2. Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Warm, fragrant and spiced with cinnamon apples, this wonderful quinoa breakfast bowl is a great way to start the morning.
3. Cinnamon-Honey Granola
This delicious granola is made with just six ingredients; rolled oats, honey, chopped pecans, cinnamon, salt and walnut oil, which adds an extra-nutty flavor.
4. Fried Cinnamon-Sugar-Ricotta Fritters
Gluten-free or not, these fritters are perfect: fluffy, light and just sweet enough.
5. Molasses-Cinnamon Cake Doughnuts
These deliciously rich doughnuts are even better dipped in chocolate glaze.
6. Glazed Cinnamon Rolls with Pecan Swirls
Baking these cinnamon rolls in big batches makes the effort worth it—they take time but are so satisfying.
7. Cinnamon Maple Polenta Breakfast with Sautéed Apples
A bowl of creamy polenta is a great breakfast. The added sweetness of maple syrup and cinnamon makes this polenta a morning favorite.
8. Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Custard with Fresh Berries
Chef Bradley Ogden's 1987 recipe for ultrarich bread pudding is perfect for dessert or brunch. It can be made with store-bought bread, but it's best made with a fresh bakery loaf, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
9. Amaranth Breakfast Porridge with Cinnamon and Sugar
This sweet, gluten-free amaranth breakfast porridge is classically flavored with cinnamon and sugar.