- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
There are nearly as many ways to make a pie as there are integers in pi.
There are nearly as many ways to make a pie as there are integers in pi. Sure, apple and chocolate and caramel may be some of the most popular fillings but you can put nearly anything in a pie and it will turn out great. Here are nine less-expected but incredibly delicious things to bake into a pie.
1. Kale, Chard and Soppressata
If you need to eat more greens, there’s no better way to do it than by mixing them with Soppressata and stuffing them in a pie.
2. Butternut Squash
You’ll be surprised at how delicious butternut squash is for dessert.
3. Grape Leaves
Mixed with spinach, chopped jarred grape leaves add a delicious tanginess to a savory vegetarian pie.
Upgrade creamy sweet potato filling with meaty chunks of Andouille sausage.
Juicy, shredded braised pork is delicious in a tamale-inspired main course pie.
6. Goat Cheese and Yogurt
For a cheesecake-esque filling, mix tangy goat cheese and Greek yogurt.
If he could ever resist eating spinach right from the can, Popeye would love a pie filled with lemon-and-sumac-spiked spinach.
8. Cherry Tomato
Juicy multi-colored cherry tomatoes make for a beautiful savory pie.
When mixed with goat cheese, lentils taste remarkably like lamb and are the perfect filling for a hearty, savory pie.