- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Sweet summer corn is delicious on its own, but the vitamin B-rich kernels are also terrific in soup.
Sweet summer corn is delicious on its own, but the vitamin B-rich kernels are also terrific in soup. From refreshing vichyssoise to hearty chowder, here are nine amazing corn soups to make this season.
1. Corn Vichyssoise
What's the secret to this quick, healthy recipe? Simmering the soup with corn cobs amps up the flavor.
2. Shrimp and Corn Chowder
This Ecuadoran-inspired soup features grated plantain and tangy corn salsa.
3. Corn Soup with Vadouvan
F&W Best New Chef 2014 Ari Taymor's delicious soup gets a triple hit of corn from a corn cob broth, corn juice and fresh corn kernels.
4. Chicken and Corn Soup
This hearty summer soup is great for weekday lunches because it can easily be made ahead of time.
5. Smoky Ham-and-Corn Chowder
Simmering ham rind and corn cobs in water makes a fast, tasty stock for this creamy chowder.
6. Summer Lima Bean & Corn Soup
Fresh summer vegetables star in this fast soup.
7. Raw Sweet Corn and Cashew Chowder
Adding vitamin-A rich spinach makes this fantastic recipe part-soup, part-salad.
8. Corn and Bacon Soup with Jalapeño Crema
Star chef Wolfgang Puck's smoky, bacon-studded soup is made with both creamy grated corn and sautéed kernels.
9. Corn-and-Cod Chowder
This New England-style chowder is a comfort-food classic.