- 10 Must-Visit Spots in Nantucket
- Where to Drink Great Cocktails Tonight
- The Best Cookies You Can Buy
- A Sicilian's Best Catania Travel Guide
- Chefs' Best Pubs
- White on Rice Couple's Incredible Recipe Photos
- 5 Decadent Things Fashion Designer Reem Acra Loves
- The Best Spots for Thanksgiving Assists
- In Search of Sherry
- Snacking PSA: Best Chips and Dips to Pair with Them
The modern American farm is led by a new generation of farmers giving DIY classes, hosting pop-up shops and serving terrific meals made with ultrafresh ingredients.
After tiring of cubical life, former Marine Paul Greive decided to try his hand at farming. He watched dozens of YouTube videos on subjects like how to build a chicken coop and how to compost manure. Today, he runs Primal Pastures in Temecula, California with his wife Lynsey, his father-in-law and his two brothers-in-law, who all take turns selling eggs, pork and lamb at the farm store. The farm also hosts breakfasts and suppers (which sell out in 24 hours) prepared by chef Jamie McDaniel. Here, more great examples of the modern American farm led by a new generation of farmers giving DIY classes, hosting pop-up shops and serving terrific meals made with ultrafresh ingredients.
New Slideshow: 9 American Farms Changing the Way We Eat