- 33 Gorgeous Reasons to Travel to Milan
- Snacking PSA: Best Chips and Dips to Pair with Them
- Andrew Zimmern's Favorite Meatballs, Dim Sum and Macaroons
- 10 New Ways to Roast
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Pulled Pork
- 5 Amazing Ideas to Update the Wine Bottle
- 5 Iconic Restaurant and Hotel Designs from a Master
- 10 Amazing Places to Eat and Drink in Boston
- 6 Amazing Places to Eat in Barcelona
- New All-in-One Artisanal Food Destinations
The modern American farm is led by a new generation of farmers giving DIY classes, hosting pop-up shops and serving terrific meals made with ultrafresh ingredients.
After tiring of cubical life, former Marine Paul Greive decided to try his hand at farming. He watched dozens of YouTube videos on subjects like how to build a chicken coop and how to compost manure. Today, he runs Primal Pastures in Temecula, California with his wife Lynsey, his father-in-law and his two brothers-in-law, who all take turns selling eggs, pork and lamb at the farm store. The farm also hosts breakfasts and suppers (which sell out in 24 hours) prepared by chef Jamie McDaniel. Here, more great examples of the modern American farm led by a new generation of farmers giving DIY classes, hosting pop-up shops and serving terrific meals made with ultrafresh ingredients.
New Slideshow: 9 American Farms Changing the Way We Eat