- 10 Easy Christmas Cookies to Make This Week
- 11 Ways to Upgrade Lasagna
- An Iconic Bar's Policy on Free Drinks
- England's Obsession with Whimsical Dairy Paraphernalia
- 7 Ideas for New Year’s Day Brunch
- The Franks’ Guide to Brooklyn
- Where to Eat Pizza in Brooklyn, by Neighborhood
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spices
- 7 Sweet Potato Dishes That Aren’t Scalloped, Candied or Casseroled
- 10 Best Holiday Roasts
Leftover holiday ham? F&W Test Kitchen star Kay Chun shares her tips for over-the-top leftovers.
Ham sandwiches, sautéed greens topped with ham, green eggs and ham (or ham omelets)—the basics are delicious. But look to F&W Test Kitchen star Kay Chun for over-the-top leftovers. Read on for biscuits, cubanos and maple-ham pancakes.
1. Ham-and-Cheese Biscuits. Stir finely chopped ham and grated cheese into biscuit batter.
2. Maple-Ham Flapjacks. Fold chopped ham and a drizzle of maple syrup into the flapjack batter for savory breakfast pancakes.
3. Ham-and-Peas Risotto. Finish risotto with thinly sliced ham, peas and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
4. Smoky Pea Soup with Ham. Throw a chunk of ham into the soup to add smoky flavor.
5. Ham-Pimento Cheese. Fold minced ham into your favorite pimento cheese recipe.
6. Melted Cubano Cheese Sandwiches. Layer thinly sliced ham, cheese, chopped pickles and mustard on sandwich bread and bake in the oven until warm.
7. Potted Ham. Mix shredded ham with chopped herbs and spices, press into a ramekin, cover with melted butter or extra-virgin olive oil and chill.
8. Ham Waldorf Salad. Add cubed ham for a unique twist on a classic.