- 10 Gluten-Free Dishes That Will Satisfy Any Carb Craving
- How to Make Scrambled Eggs Like Daniel Boulud
- 3 Recipes to Up Your Spring Pesto Game
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 6 Innovative Recipes from Richard Blais
- Most Popular Recipes of 2015
- 9 Dips to Make for a Thanksgiving Potluck
- 9 Portable Dips for a Memorial Day Party
- 3 Exquisite Roasted Dips
Once you’ve broken down a lobster and removed all of the meat, you’re left with a pile of shells. Don’t throw them away! Instead, use them to enrich these already lobster-packed dishes.
Once you’ve broken down a lobster and removed all of the meat (using the method chef Michael Anthony reveals in this video), you’re left with a pile of shells. Don’t throw them away! Instead, use them to enrich these already lobster-packed dishes.
1. Lobster Bouillabaisse
Use lobster shells to make a broth from scratch for this fantastic seafood soup.
2. Farfalle with Lobster, Favas and Peas
The tomato sauce for this pasta has an intense flavor, thanks to lobster shells sautéed with fennel, leek, garlic and shallot.
3. Lobster Broth with Porcini
This mild, elegant soup gets depth from lobster shells and Cognac.
4. Lobster with Fideos
This dish resembles paella. But instead of rice, it calls for fideos, fine vermicelli-like pasta. Here, the pasta browns in hot oil until toasty, then cooks slowly in a deliciously rich stock made with the lobster shells.
5. Lobster Pappardelle with Chive Butter
This pasta gets delicious flavor from a sauce made with the shells and lobster roe.
6. Lobster Américaine with Rice and Haricots Verts
This old-school dish calls for flambéed lobster shells.
7. Lobster Fisherman’s Stew
The longer this creamy stew simmers, the better.
8. Lobster Salad
The great thing about this simple yet luxurious dish is the lobster shell–infused olive oil that’s used to make the vinaigrette.