- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
- 13 Extra-Meaty Father’s Day Recipes
- Say "I Love You" With a Giant Steak
- 9 Epic Grilled Steaks for Labor Day
- 10 Lamb Recipes for Easter Dinner
Toast isn’t just a breakfast side anymore. Catapulted to the top of menus thanks to the avocado toast craze, toast is now a main course. But it’s also a great, super-simple base for dessert.
Toast isn’t just a breakfast side anymore. Catapulted to the top of menus thanks to the avocado toast craze, toast is now a main course. But it’s also a great, super-simple base for dessert. Try it topped with caramelly dulce de leche (which you can make in just one step using this week’s Mad Genius Tip) or opt for one of these easy and delicious recipes.
1. Pear Bruschetta with Hazelnut Cream
Jean-Georges Vongerichten has been making rustic fruit bruschetta (essentially, a fruit tart with a bread crust) for years. This pear bruschetta, with its layer of creamy hazelnut frangipane flavored with amaretto, is a comforting, cold-weather incarnation.
2. Toasted Bread and Bittersweet Chocolate
Nothing could be easier than slapping a piece of chocolate on a slice of bread: Spanish children do it all the time as an after-school snack. But by sprinkling the melted chocolate with sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil, Ferran Adrià turns kid food into something parents will want to try.
3. Fire-Roasted Berry Crostini with Honey Crème Fraîche
The perfect dessert to make on the grill.
4. Toasts with Ricotta and Warm Balsamic-Caramel Apples
Chilled ricotta and warm apples on thick toast make for an amazingly fast and delicious fall dessert.
5. Ricotta and Roasted Grape Crostini
Designer and blogger Athena Calderone’s signature aesthetic comes through in this striking appetizer. Roasting the grapes concentrates and deepens their sweetness.
6. Grilled-Fruit Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone
This knife-and-fork dessert is a fantastic showcase for seasonal fruit at its peak.
7. Blackberries with Lemon Cream and Toasted Brioche
Chefs Molly Hawks-Fagnoni and Michael Fagnoni love their homemade brioche so much that they created a dessert for it. They start with a layer of ethereal lemon cream, top it with a toasty slice of the brioche, then dollop it with whipped cream. The finishing touch is tart, juicy blackberries in rosemary-vanilla syrup.
8. Bruschetta with Honey Ricotta and Strawberries
This sweet bruschetta is great for breakfast or dessert.