Don’t wait until Halloween night to celebrate. Start the day with one of these fun and festive breakfasts, all of which are perfect for hungry vampires, zombies and skeletons.
1. Bacon-Pumpkin-Pecan Pancakes
Fluffy and not too sweet, these spiced pancakes deserve only the best quality maple syrup.
2. Ham and Deviled Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
This irresistible breakfast is a hybrid of a deviled egg salad and an Egg McMuffin.
3. Black Bean Huevos Rancheros
If you’re in a hurry, you can also wrap the eggs, black beans and roasted chiles into tortillas to make breakfast burritos.
4. Pumpkin Ricotta and Apple Frittata
Unlike a quiche, a frittata does not require a crust and can be whipped up in minutes to serve a large crowd.
5. Chocolate Chip Coconut Pancakes
These chocolaty gluten-free pancakes are crisp on the outside and moist in the middle. Use as many chocolate chips as your sweet tooth desires.
6. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with a Coconut-Orange Marmalade Frosting
Delicious and dairy-free, these pumpkin cinnamon rolls are baked with a coconut oil–cinnamon sugar smear and topped with an orange marmalade sweetened–whipped coconut cream frosting.
7. Sweet-Potato Waffles with Fluff
F&W’s Justin Chapple makes this fun dessert by cooking shredded sweet potato in a waffle iron, then adding Marshmallow Fluff and pecans.
8. Pumpkin Muffins with Oats and Orange Marmalade
Orange marmalade gives these homey muffins a unique flavor, and the whole grains make them a more virtuous alternative to cupcake-like pumpkin muffins.