- 10 Gluten-Free Dishes That Will Satisfy Any Carb Craving
- How to Make Scrambled Eggs Like Daniel Boulud
- 3 Recipes to Up Your Spring Pesto Game
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 6 Innovative Recipes from Richard Blais
- Most Popular Recipes of 2015
- 9 Dips to Make for a Thanksgiving Potluck
- 9 Portable Dips for a Memorial Day Party
- 3 Exquisite Roasted Dips
In this week’s Mad Genius Tips video, F&W Test Kitchen genius Justin Chapple revealed the trick to making garlic paste at home. Now that you have access to a never-ending supply, here are eight delicious, garlic paste-packed recipes to make.
In this week’s Mad Genius Tips video, F&W Test Kitchen genius Justin Chapple bettered the lives of garlic lovers everywhere by revealing the trick to making easy, mess-free garlic paste at home. Now that you have access to a never-ending supply, here are eight delicious, garlic paste-packed recipes to make.
1. Garlic-and-Spice-Rubbed Pork Loin Roast
Charlie Bird chef Ryan Hardy first tasted a version of this succulent pork from a street vendor in Siena, Italy. “It changed the way I thought about food,” he says. “It was fatty and sweet, spicy and succulent, smoky and salty—all at the same time.”
2. Roasted-Garlic Pizza with Bacon and Arugula
Topped with salty anchovies, spicy crushed red pepper and plenty of roasted-garlic paste, this pie is not your everyday pizza.
3. Garlic Wafers
Garlic is common throughout Basque cooking—minced, mashed, poached and roasted. Here, it’s made into a paste and dehydrated until crisp.
4. Roasted Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary and Potatoes
This succulent roast chicken is rubbed with a generous amount of rosemary–spiked garlic paste.
5. Pork Souvlaki with Tzatziki
Garlicky tzatziki is perfect with charred pork shoulder and sweet onions.
6. Four-Herb Tabbouleh
Garlic paste is the base of the tangy dressing for this super-herby tabbouleh.
7. Salt–Crusted Prime Rib Roast
Texas chef Tim Love rubs this rib roast with a salty garlic paste that forms a crispy crust as it cooks.
8. Classic Aioli
Garlicky homemade aioli is a revelation, and it’s delicious on sandwiches, as a dip for vegetables or swirled into stews.