- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Up your french fry game.
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and the best friend ketchup ever had, french fries certainly deserve a day of praise. That day is today. It’s National French Fries Day! So take the time to celebrate them by giving them a tasty makeover. Here, 8 DIY french fry upgrades.
April Bloomfield’s incredible thrice-cooked fries have a cult following at The Breslin. That’s because she boils them (to make them extra tender), then double-fries them for an insanely crispy exterior.
Thick-cut, skin-on oven fries are delicious served with buttery cloves of roasted garlic.
Toss fries with a blend of noir flakes and the tingly spice mix shichimi togarashi for an umami-packed snack.
Top fries with melted cheese and gravy for a homemade poutine, or Americanize the classic Canadian dish by topping fries with spicy pimento cheese, andouille gravy and seafood like crawfish, crab or shrimp.
Peruvians stir-fry strips of steak and french fries for their classic dish, lomo saltado.
For a somewhat healthier french fry, bake them in the oven then toss them with minced garlic, fresh herbs and a little bit of grated Pecorino Romano.
Austin food truck Chi’Lantro serves a famous late-night snack of hot french fries with caramelized kimchi, grilled Korean-style bulgogi beef and a mayonnaise spiked with Sriracha.
To take his french fries over the top, chef Jonathon Sawyer broils them with a tequila-spiked pimento cheese topping, which is also great as a dip.