- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Best Fennel Soups
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
Up your french fry game.
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and the best friend ketchup ever had, french fries certainly deserve a day of praise. That day is today. It’s National French Fries Day! So take the time to celebrate them by giving them a tasty makeover. Here, 8 DIY french fry upgrades.
April Bloomfield’s incredible thrice-cooked fries have a cult following at The Breslin. That’s because she boils them (to make them extra tender), then double-fries them for an insanely crispy exterior.
Thick-cut, skin-on oven fries are delicious served with buttery cloves of roasted garlic.
Toss fries with a blend of noir flakes and the tingly spice mix shichimi togarashi for an umami-packed snack.
Top fries with melted cheese and gravy for a homemade poutine, or Americanize the classic Canadian dish by topping fries with spicy pimento cheese, andouille gravy and seafood like crawfish, crab or shrimp.
Peruvians stir-fry strips of steak and french fries for their classic dish, lomo saltado.
For a somewhat healthier french fry, bake them in the oven then toss them with minced garlic, fresh herbs and a little bit of grated Pecorino Romano.
Austin food truck Chi’Lantro serves a famous late-night snack of hot french fries with caramelized kimchi, grilled Korean-style bulgogi beef and a mayonnaise spiked with Sriracha.
To take his french fries over the top, chef Jonathon Sawyer broils them with a tequila-spiked pimento cheese topping, which is also great as a dip.