- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Best Fennel Soups
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
Want a long life? Eat more long noodles—at least, that’s the thinking during Chinese New Year. Here, eight delicious noodle dishes to make for an incredible Lunar New Year fest.
Want a long life? Eat more long noodles—at least, that’s the thinking during Chinese New Year. Here, eight delicious noodle dishes to make for an incredible Lunar New Year fest. They might not actually help you live longer, but they will ensure a delicious dinner.
1. Dan Dan Noodles
This peanutty dish is super-simple to make and comes together in just 35 minutes.
2. Crispy Tofu with Noodles
A quick panko coating makes for terrifically crispy fried tofu.
3. Asian Pork, Mushroom and Noodle Stir-Fry
This stir-fry calls for succulent pork tenderloin, shiitake, bok choy and chewy noodles.
4. Sweet, Aromatic Soy Sauce Noodles
The nicely balanced Sichuan sauce is flavored with star anise and fennel seeds and makes a phenomenal, quick dressing for egg noodles of any kind.
5. Cold Peanut-Sesame Noodles
The secret to Andrew Zimmern’s cold noodle recipe, inspired by the ones he had in China’s Sichuan province, is the oil that gets drizzled on top. Made with chiles, Sichuan peppercorns and lots of spices, it’s called Ma La (“numbing and spicy”).
6. Shiitake-and-Scallion Lo Mein
These silky Chinese noodles are served in banana leaves instead of on a plate.
7. Longevity Noodles
Fast and healthy, this noodle dish is packed with crunchy water chestnuts, bean sprouts and snow peas.
8. Stir-Fried Noodles with Roast Pork
These quick, easy Chinese noodles are deliciously savory and chewy, with a bit of heat.