- 10 Recipes That Celebrate the Oozy Glory of Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- 5 Delicious DIY Jerky Recipes for National Jerky Day
- 7 Surprising Ways to Instantly Upgrade Your Tacos
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
How the pros make a sandwich.
Here, proof that you don’t need to be a super-pro chef to cook a Best New Chef's recipe. These are eight Best New Chefs’ greatest sandwich recipes.
1. Tuna Niçoise Sandwiches with Olive Aioli
This easy take on F&W BNC 2004 Graham Elliot’s incredible, elegant sandwich calls for good-quality tuna jarred in olive oil.
2. Strip-Steak Sandwiches
Chef Suzanne Goin (an F&W BNC 1999) tops her juicy steak sandwiches with olive relish and super-ripe tomatoes.
3. Grilled Ham-and-Pimento-Cheese Sandwiches with Fonduta and Fried Eggs
Chefs Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman (both from the F&W BNC class of 2013) created this wow sandwich that just keeps on going with a filling of crispy, cheesy, grilled ham and pimento cheese.
4. BLT Fried Egg-and-Cheese Sandwich
F&W BNC 1988 Thomas Keller’s scrumptious recipe combines three of the world’s most popular sandwiches—BLT, fried egg and grilled cheese.
5. Midnight Tortas
This spectacular torta from F&W BNC 2010 Roy Choi is an over-the-top combination of fried eggs, spinach, pork belly and roasted jalapeños.
6. Mushroom and Goat Cheese Tortas
Rick Bayless, an F&W BNC 1988, stuffs his stellar vegetarian sandwiches with earthy mushrooms and tangy goat cheese.
7. Cubano Sandwiches
Unlike most cubano sandwiches, which are ridiculously greasy, F&W BNC 2007 April Bloomfield’s version eschews mayonnaise.
8. Roasted Portobello and Vegetable Club Sandwiches
F&W BNC 1990 Tom Valenti transforms the classic club sandwich into a hearty vegetarian meal.