- KitchenAid’s New All-Black Stand Mixer Is Insanely Gorgeous
- Calorie Restriction Could Help You Live Longer. Should You Actually Try It?
- What to Do if You Think You've Eaten Recalled Food
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- This Omelet Is How Anthony Bourdain Resets After Travel
- 8 Unexpected Ways to Top a Pizza
- Ultimate Summer Dessert Bucket List
- Why You Should Be Eating Millet
- 9 Italian Pizza Styles!?
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spices
Here, eight great additions to upgrade basic biscuits.
Now that Hugh Acheson and Marcus Samuelsson have taught you how to make perfect fried chicken, it’s time to perfect fried chicken’s BFF, the biscuit. Here, eight great additions to upgrade basic biscuits.
1. Cheese and herbs. Try any herb-and-cheese combination—cheddar and minced chives, chopped rosemary and Parmesan, the possibilities are endless.
2. Sweet potato. Sweet potato lends biscuits a naturally sweet flavor.
3. Whole wheat. Switching up the flour makes biscuits hearty and rustic.
4. Crème fraîche. Replace buttermilk with crème fraîche for lightly tangy, ultra-luxe biscuits.
5. Bacon. Meaty chunks of bacon turn biscuits into a mini meal.
6. Maple syrup. It makes biscuits wonderfully rich and enticingly sweet.
7. Almond flour. Swap in almond flour for crumbly gluten-free biscuits.
8. Dill seed. They add a pleasant and unusual flavor to savory biscuits.