In this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple revealed the easiest way to fillet a whole trout. Practice the technique while perfecting another summer skill—grilling. Here, eight phenomenal recipes for grilled trout.
1. Tuscan Grilled Trout
Garlicky, herb-infused oil mixed with vinegar is both a basting liquid and a sauce for this fast fish dish.
2. Grilled Trout with Grilled Romaine Salad
This dish can be prepared entirely on the grill.
3. Grilled Trout with Ginger and Vinegar
Simple, smoky and doused in a delicious vinegar sauce, this trout is ready in just 15 minutes.
4. Grilled Trout with Smoky Tomatillo Sauce and Cucumber Salad
Though trout is delicate, it can handle a smoky chile sauce and a tart salad.
5. Grilled Trout with Savory Marinade
Summer savory, a sage-like herb, blends beautifully with trout.
6. Grilled Trout with Summer Salad and Basil Oil
Everything in this healthy summer dish is cooked on the grill.
7. Grilled Marinated Trout and Fennel Salad
This trout is briefly grilled then marinated for vibrant flavor.
8. Grilled Quick-Cured Trout with Mustard-Olive Dressing
Brining trout gives it a clean flavor and shortens its grilling time.