- 5 Delicious Ways to Salvage Leftover Bread
- Parker House Rolls Worth Fighting Over
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- How to Eat Like an Editor-in-Chief
- 11 Best Recipes to Make on National Coffee Cake Day
- 5 Savory Pancakes and Waffles for Brunch
- 5 Delicious DIY Naan Recipes
- Lamb Burger Recipes for Springtime Grilling
- 5 Ways to Fill a Pita Pocket
- 9 Reasons You Should Definitely Make Scrambled Eggs Today
While it might not be in vogue to order filet mignon at a steakhouse anymore thanks to coveted aged rib eyes and tomahawks, the ultra-tender, lean cut definitely has its place and is worth getting to know at home. Here, eight ways to cook the cutest cut around.
Today we celebrate the tenderest of meats. It’s National Filet Mignon Day! While it might not be in vogue to order filet at a steakhouse anymore thanks to coveted aged rib eyes and tomahawks, the ultra-tender, lean cut definitely has its place and is worth getting to know at home. Here, eight ways to cook the cutest cut around.
1. Poached Beef Fillet with Fines Herbes Dressing http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/poached-beef-fillet-with-fines-herbes-dressing
Poaching slices of filet mignon in a vegetable-enhanced broth just until rosy seals in the delectable flavor.
2. Steak Diane http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/aspen-2006-steak-diane
Diane-style means sautéing thinly sliced, pounded filet mignon in butter, then flambéing and basting it in a rich Cognac sauce.
3. Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches with Norton-Shiitake Sauce http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/beef-tenderloin-sandwiches-with-norton-shiitake-sauce
Grilled strips of filet mignon are delicious on these garlicky sandwiches.
4. Shaking Beef http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/shaking-beef
This sweet and vinegary Vietnamese dish is simply served with an easy soy-based sauce and lime wedges.
Related: Best Steak Recipes
5. Sparks’s Sautéed Filet Mignon with Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sparkss-sauteed-filet-mignon-with-yellow-tomato-vinaigrette
This is a great summer steak recipe because it calls for two summer staples: tomatoes and basil.
6. Rosen’s Lemon Charred Beef with Crisp Herbed Spaetzle http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/rosens-lemon-charred-beef-with-crisp-herbed-spaetzle
A marinade of brown sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil gives the tender filet mignon steaks terrific flavor.
7. Bloody Mary Steaks http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/bloody-mary-steaks
These steaks are literally marinated in a Bloody Mary.
8. Filet Mignon with Shallots and Cognac http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/filet-mignon-with-shallots-and-cognac
Fast and easy, this is a classic preparation for filet mignon steaks.