- A Spanish Christmas Menu by José Andrés
- #FWCookbook Tip: Toasty Grated Almonds
- How to Make Mulled Wine Jell-O (Shots)
- 5 Pricey Foods Worth Buying for New Year's Eve
- 11 Finger Foods for New Year's Eve
- 8 Easy Casseroles for a Crowd
- 20-Minute Christmas Desserts
- 7 Tiny Gifts for Food Lovers
- 5 Last-Minute Wine Gifts to Buy for Yourself
- How to Print Your Holiday Cards on Wine Labels
A decadent roast is a holiday staple, but just because it’s the most impressive thing on the table doesn’t mean it needs to take a lot of effort.
A decadent roast is a holiday staple, but just because it’s the most impressive thing on the table doesn’t mean it needs to take a lot of effort. Here, eight excellent roasts that can be prepped in 20 minutes or less, then left alone to cook while you do more important things—like open up the Champagne.
1. Three-Ingredient Prime Rib Roast
Coffee and prime rib make an unlikely but deliciously earthy pair.
2. Horseradish-Crusted Roast Beef
Coasted with horseradish and black peppercorns, this simple roast is perfect hot out of the oven and also served cold on a sandwich.
3. Garlic-and-Spice-Rubbed Pork Loin Roast
Chef Ryan Hardy first tasted a version of this pork in Siena, Italy; in his iteration, he often wraps a piece of pork belly around the side to make the meat extra juicy.
4. Maple Sugar-Ginger Roast Pork
Chef Luisa Weiss uses maple sugar, ginger and crushed red pepper to make a sweet-and-spicy marinade for this pork loin.
5. Paprika-Roasted Leg of Lamb
Drawing on fiery Mozambique condiments, chef Marcus Samuelsson uses paprika, ancho chile and ground cardamom to season lamb.
6. Rack of Lamb with Mustard-Shallot Sauce
The flavors in this classic lamb roast are brought out with mustards, shallots and thyme.
7. Pepper-Crusted Prime Rib Roast
A mix of soy sauce, ground chile, garlic and peppercorns coats the meat with a peppery crust as it roasts.
8. Roasted Whole Red Snapper
For the pescetarian table, a succulent red snapper can be seasoned with Asian, Mediterranean or Caribbean flavors.