- 6 Ways to Make Stuffing
- 3 Easy Thanksgiving Hors d'Oeuvres to Make (Plus 3 to Buy)
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- How to Make Deviled Eggs Even Better
- 7 Non-Traditional Ways to Serve Turkey at Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Save a Turkey
- Thanksgiving Foods You Can and Cannot Bring Through Airport Security
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Menu and The Dream Kitchens You Can Rent To Cook It In
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- 5 Things to Do This Weekend to Prep for Thanksgiving
Don't just reheat and serve. Transform leftover mashed potatoes into a delicious meal.
We love Thanksgiving leftovers almost as much as the main event. It’s so satisfying to pile turkey and stuffing into thick, hearty sandwiches and transform cranberry sauce into a tangy cocktail. But what about the mashed potatoes? Usually they’re reheated and re-served as a side. This year, try something different.
Here, seven great ideas for what to make with leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes.
David Chang turns leftover mashed potatoes and green beans into crispy canapés.
These oniony mashed potatoes are wonderful morning or night.
Leftover mashed potatoes are a great topping for this vegetable stew.
Chef Ana Sortun uses cold mashed potatoes and melting cheese to give these crunchy cakes a tender filling.
Served with a creamy dill sauce, these cakes are perfect for breakfast or dinner.
This cheesy soup couldn’t be simpler.
Rich and creamy mashed potatoes, blended with minced corned beef and fried to a crisp, are a perfect hearty breakfast on their own, and even better with fried eggs on top.