- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Fish heads, fish heads, roly-poly fish heads.
Fish skeletons aren’t just food for cartoon alley cats. They’re also great for flavoring soups or making rich fish stock. So the next time you’re filleting a fish, make sure to save the bones—or just ask your fishmonger for a fish head or two—and whip up one of these delicious recipes.
1. Senegalese-Style Seafood Gumbo
This delicious, untraditional gumbo starts with a broth enriched with red snapper heads and bones.
2. Sardinian Seafood Stew
A full two-and-a-half pounds of fish heads and bones goes into the stock for this seafood-packed stew.
3. Steamed Sea Bass with Tamarind Sauce
This tender, healthy fish is served with a sauce made with homemade fish stock and tangy tamarind puree.
4. Classic Fish Stock
You can make this stock and freeze it for up to a month.
5. Steamed Red Snapper Packets
This fish is served with a side of “fish tea”—a broth similar to bouillabaisse.
6. Fish Curry with Tamarind
Chef Zak Pelaccio likes to throw a fish head or two into this creamy curry.
7. Red Snapper Soup with Fresh Bean Sprouts and Garlic Oil
This refreshing Vietnamese soup starts with a flavorful broth made with fish heads and bones, fish sauce, lemongrass and ginger.