- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
That humble stick of butter sitting in your fridge has a lot of potential. It's the beginnings of the best sauce of your life.
From a quick tomato sauce to a kimchi-spiked butter sauce, here are seven ways to make an amazing sauce with butter and not much else.
1. Seared Scallops with Pinot Gris Butter Sauce
"Pinot Gris loves shellfish," says star chef Hugh Acheson, who uses the white wine and butter to make a sauce for scallops.
2. Quick Tomato Sauce with Butter
This sauce relies on butter instead of olive oil to smooth out the acidity of the tomatoes.
4. Tabasco Butter Sauce
Texas chef Dean Fearing's spicy sauce is made with whole Chile Dirbol and Tabasco sauce.
5. Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Try this umami-packed sauce with red meat, chicken or full-flavored fish.
6. Smoked Gouda Béchamel
Béchamel is a classic French white sauce made by stirring milk into a cooked mixture of flour and butter. Adding smoked Gouda makes it thick, creamy, cheesy and irresistible.
7. Butter-Poached Lobster with Kimchi Butter Sauce
Star chef Zak Pelaccio tops lobster with a butter sauce flavored with cabbage kimchi.