- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
That humble stick of butter sitting in your fridge has a lot of potential. It's the beginnings of the best sauce of your life.
From a quick tomato sauce to a kimchi-spiked butter sauce, here are seven ways to make an amazing sauce with butter and not much else.
1. Seared Scallops with Pinot Gris Butter Sauce
"Pinot Gris loves shellfish," says star chef Hugh Acheson, who uses the white wine and butter to make a sauce for scallops.
2. Quick Tomato Sauce with Butter
This sauce relies on butter instead of olive oil to smooth out the acidity of the tomatoes.
4. Tabasco Butter Sauce
Texas chef Dean Fearing's spicy sauce is made with whole Chile Dirbol and Tabasco sauce.
5. Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Try this umami-packed sauce with red meat, chicken or full-flavored fish.
6. Smoked Gouda Béchamel
Béchamel is a classic French white sauce made by stirring milk into a cooked mixture of flour and butter. Adding smoked Gouda makes it thick, creamy, cheesy and irresistible.
7. Butter-Poached Lobster with Kimchi Butter Sauce
Star chef Zak Pelaccio tops lobster with a butter sauce flavored with cabbage kimchi.