- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
- 5 Best-Ever Summer Brunch Cocktails
- 9 Best-Ever Strawberry Dishes for Brunch
That humble stick of butter sitting in your fridge has a lot of potential. It's the beginnings of the best sauce of your life.
From a quick tomato sauce to a kimchi-spiked butter sauce, here are seven ways to make an amazing sauce with butter and not much else.
1. Seared Scallops with Pinot Gris Butter Sauce
"Pinot Gris loves shellfish," says star chef Hugh Acheson, who uses the white wine and butter to make a sauce for scallops.
2. Quick Tomato Sauce with Butter
This sauce relies on butter instead of olive oil to smooth out the acidity of the tomatoes.
4. Tabasco Butter Sauce
Texas chef Dean Fearing's spicy sauce is made with whole Chile Dirbol and Tabasco sauce.
5. Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Try this umami-packed sauce with red meat, chicken or full-flavored fish.
6. Smoked Gouda Béchamel
Béchamel is a classic French white sauce made by stirring milk into a cooked mixture of flour and butter. Adding smoked Gouda makes it thick, creamy, cheesy and irresistible.
7. Butter-Poached Lobster with Kimchi Butter Sauce
Star chef Zak Pelaccio tops lobster with a butter sauce flavored with cabbage kimchi.