- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Chicken and spicy go together like potatoes and fried, but the fiery treatment is often reserved for wings or battered birds. For a healthier alternative, here are seven spicy roast chicken recipes for heat lovers.
Chicken and spicy go together like potatoes and fried, but the fiery treatment is often reserved for wings or battered birds. For a healthier alternative, here are seven spicy roast chicken recipes for heat lovers. To make prep easier, use F&W Test Kitchen champ Justin Chapple’s Mad Genius Tip for trussing a chicken using its own skin.
1. Spicy Roast Chicken
BBQ expert Adam Perry Lang sprays chicken with pickled jalapeño brine for flavorful, tingly-spicy skin.
2. Spice-Rubbed Roast Chicken with Two Sauces
Rubbed with a lemony fennel seed mix, this chicken is served with two sauces: a smoky piri piri and a Dominican wasakaka, made with onion, chiles and herbs.
3. Sour-Orange Yucatán Chickens
This bright, vibrant chicken is rubbed with an ultra garlicky, citrusy and spicy marinade.
4. Tunisian Spice-Roasted Chicken
The key to this simple, aromatic chicken is the sauce it’s served with—a classic Tunisian pepper sauce called harous.
5. Sweet and Spicy Roast Chicken with Chiles and Thyme
This chicken is brined in pineapple juice and hot chiles, giving it a terrific sweet and spicy glaze.
6. Lola’s Roast Chicken with Sambal Chimichurri
The tangy, garlic-and-chile-laden Puerto Rican-style marinade makes this chicken irresistible.
7. Pan-Roasted Chicken with Spiced Honey
This chicken is marinated in a sweet-spicy mix of honey, cumin, cardamom, paprika, chile powder and olive oil.