- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Chicken and spicy go together like potatoes and fried, but the fiery treatment is often reserved for wings or battered birds. For a healthier alternative, here are seven spicy roast chicken recipes for heat lovers.
Chicken and spicy go together like potatoes and fried, but the fiery treatment is often reserved for wings or battered birds. For a healthier alternative, here are seven spicy roast chicken recipes for heat lovers. To make prep easier, use F&W Test Kitchen champ Justin Chapple’s Mad Genius Tip for trussing a chicken using its own skin.
1. Spicy Roast Chicken
BBQ expert Adam Perry Lang sprays chicken with pickled jalapeño brine for flavorful, tingly-spicy skin.
2. Spice-Rubbed Roast Chicken with Two Sauces
Rubbed with a lemony fennel seed mix, this chicken is served with two sauces: a smoky piri piri and a Dominican wasakaka, made with onion, chiles and herbs.
3. Sour-Orange Yucatán Chickens
This bright, vibrant chicken is rubbed with an ultra garlicky, citrusy and spicy marinade.
4. Tunisian Spice-Roasted Chicken
The key to this simple, aromatic chicken is the sauce it’s served with—a classic Tunisian pepper sauce called harous.
5. Sweet and Spicy Roast Chicken with Chiles and Thyme
This chicken is brined in pineapple juice and hot chiles, giving it a terrific sweet and spicy glaze.
6. Lola’s Roast Chicken with Sambal Chimichurri
The tangy, garlic-and-chile-laden Puerto Rican-style marinade makes this chicken irresistible.
7. Pan-Roasted Chicken with Spiced Honey
This chicken is marinated in a sweet-spicy mix of honey, cumin, cardamom, paprika, chile powder and olive oil.