- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
- 8 Nonalcoholic Party Drinks for Graduation Celebrations
- 5 Ways to Drink Your Turmeric, Super Ingredient of the Moment
- How to Juice Like a Philanthropic Supermodel
- 7 Summery Brunch Cocktails
Help make the Cosmopolitan great again.
The Cosmopolitan was once a great drink. Before the rock sugar rims, the sticky-sweet mixes and the Sex and the City overkill, the Cosmo was a deliciously tart but balanced blend of citrus-flavored vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice. In its purest form, it’s a rosy hued take on a daisy (essentially a sour that's been modified with a liqueur), but it’s also ripe for adaptation. Here, seven recipes that should redeem and repair the Cosmopolitan’s reputation.
1. Blueberry Cosmopolitan
Muddled blueberries tint this version of the cocktail a gorgeous hot pink.
2. Cowboy Cosmo
A cross between a Cosmopolitan and a margarita, this drink uses silver tequila in place of citrus vodka.
3. Pineapple Cosmopolitans
These cocktails are pretty and pink, with a hit of fresh pineapple.
4. Cucumber Cosmopolitan
This recipe calls for gin in place of citrus vodka, along with white cranberry juice and cucumber water for an ultra-refreshing drink.
5. Blood Orange Cosmo
Take advantage of winter produce by making this brightly flavored blood orange cocktail.
6. Sophisticated Lady
Bar manager Jackson Cannon wanted to serve a mocktail that was neither soda-driven nor a supersweet "juice bomb." The result: this savory take on a Cosmopolitan.
This riff is made with rum instead of vodka.