- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- 4 Spring Rosés to Drink Now
- 9 Cocktails to Make with Ginger Beer Besides Dark n' Stormies
- 5 Warming Recipes for National Hot Toddy Day
- 11 Absinthe Cocktails for National Absinthe Day
- 4 Healthy(ish) Ways to Get Your Eggnog Fix
- 7 Homemade Infused Simple Syrups to Stock Your Spring Bar
- 9 Minty Cocktails to Make with Crème de Menthe
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
This week in F&W’s Mad Genius Tips video series, F&W Test Kitchen genius Justin Chapple revealed how to peel a kiwi using a spoon. Master the technique by practicing on a few kiwis, then reward with one of these 7 kiwi drinks.
This week in F&W’s Mad Genius Tips video series, F&W Test Kitchen genius Justin Chapple revealed how to peel a kiwi using a spoon. Master the technique by practicing on a few kiwis, then reward yourself by using the green, fur-free fruits in one of these 7 kiwi drinks.
1. Kiwi Cobbler
This refreshing, fruity cocktail is made with muddled kiwi, mint, vanilla and tequila.
According to bartender H. Joseph Ehrmann, kiwi contributes both sweet and sour flavors while giving this cooler great texture.
3. Kiwi Crush
The black seeds of the kiwi add a peppery kick to this terrific smoothie.
4. Kiwi Mojito
This vibrant take on a classic mojito calls for pureed kiwi, which makes the drink deliciously creamy.
5. Green Lantern
Kiwi, flowery Viognier and fresh lime juice make a perfect cocktail for sipping in the sun.
6. Agua Fresca
In Mexico, an agua fresca is a combination of fresh fruit juice, sugar, water and ice that's sometimes fortified with tequila. This rum-based version is made with a tropical mix of mango, passion fruit and kiwi purees.
7. Double K Crush
A puree of kiwi and kiwano (a.k.a. horned melon) makes for a fantastically exotic vodka cocktail.