- 6 Super-Satisfying Vegetarian Stews
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 5 Ways to Use a Dip Most Americans Have Never Heard Of
- 4 Crispy-Cheesy Margherita Pizza Recipes
- 7 Gooey, Buttery Breakfast Pastries to Make This Weekend
- 10 Super-Cozy Winter Brunch Dishes
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 9 New Ways to Make Waffles
- 8 Crisp and Crunchy Fall Salads
- 5 Best Kale Pesto Dishes for Summer
For the most part, a tailgate is a place for meat. But as long as you have the grill set up and sizzling, you'd be smart to cook some vegetables.
For the most part, a tailgate is a place for meat. But as long as you have the grill set up and sizzling, you'd be smart to cook some vegetables. Here, seven delicious grilled vegetable dishes that are perfect for game day. To make them extra-enticing, try using Rick Bayless’s trick for perfect grill marks.
1. Grilled Eggplant Tortas
This vegetarian sandwich—piled high with grilled eggplant, sliced avocado, pickled jalapeños and crisp cabbage—is unbelievably hearty and delicious.
2. Mixed Grilled Vegetables with Fontina Fonduta
The best way to eat grilled vegetables is with fonduta, a creamy Italian cheese sauce.
3. Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
Grilling corn in the husks keeps it juicy and tender.
4. Tofu-and-Vegetable Tacos with Eggplant-Ancho Spread
The smoky spread for these fantastic vegetarian tacos also makes a delicious dip.
5. Cheese-Stuffed Grilled Peppers
These charred peppers are stuffed with three types of cheese: Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese and ricotta.
6. Grilled Potatoes with Tomato Dip
Thinly sliced grilled potato slices are a great alternative to french fries.
7. Grilled Baby Leeks with Romesco Sauce
No forks needed for these sweet grilled leeks. They’re fantastic finger foods.