- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- The Health Benefits of Cucumbers and How to Eat More of Them
- 5 Ways to Use a Loaf of Sourdough Bread
- 9 Luxurious Things To Do With Chocolate
- 3 Brain Food Lunches for a Smarter Workday
- Skip Delivery, Make Your Own Egg Drop Soup
For the most part, a tailgate is a place for meat. But as long as you have the grill set up and sizzling, you'd be smart to cook some vegetables.
For the most part, a tailgate is a place for meat. But as long as you have the grill set up and sizzling, you'd be smart to cook some vegetables. Here, seven delicious grilled vegetable dishes that are perfect for game day. To make them extra-enticing, try using Rick Bayless’s trick for perfect grill marks.
1. Grilled Eggplant Tortas
This vegetarian sandwich—piled high with grilled eggplant, sliced avocado, pickled jalapeños and crisp cabbage—is unbelievably hearty and delicious.
2. Mixed Grilled Vegetables with Fontina Fonduta
The best way to eat grilled vegetables is with fonduta, a creamy Italian cheese sauce.
3. Grilled Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
Grilling corn in the husks keeps it juicy and tender.
4. Tofu-and-Vegetable Tacos with Eggplant-Ancho Spread
The smoky spread for these fantastic vegetarian tacos also makes a delicious dip.
5. Cheese-Stuffed Grilled Peppers
These charred peppers are stuffed with three types of cheese: Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese and ricotta.
6. Grilled Potatoes with Tomato Dip
Thinly sliced grilled potato slices are a great alternative to french fries.
7. Grilled Baby Leeks with Romesco Sauce
No forks needed for these sweet grilled leeks. They’re fantastic finger foods.