That humble container of yogurt is full of possibilities. For example, did you know you can turn yogurt into healthy, homemade frozen Dippin’ Dots? F&W’s Justin Chapple proved it in this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips. Here, more unexpected ways to use yogurt.
1. In mashed potatoes. Greek yogurt is a great addition to classic garlic mashed potatoes, giving them a creamy taste and consistency without all the fat.
2. In pasta. Toss farfalle with zucchini and a tangy yogurt sauce for a fast and delicious weeknight pasta.
3. In soup. Goat-milk yogurt is a terrific, creamy base for chilled soups like herb-flecked tomato.
4. On burgers. Spicy, gingery yogurt sauce is a great alternative burger topping.
5. In zucchini bread. Fat-free Greek yogurt adds moisture to lightly sweet zucchini bread without any added fat.
6. In egg salad. Instead of mayonnaise, mix chopped hard-boiled eggs with a smoky Greek yogurt sauce.
7. In béchamel. Typically made with butter, flour, milk and seasonings like nutmeg and shallots, béchamel is also delicious when enriched with yogurt.