- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
You probably thought that sweet and juicy tomato salads were out of the question until summer, but thanks to an awesome hack, your tomato salad dreams can come true in the dead of winter.
You probably thought that sweet and juicy tomato salads were out of the question until summer, but thanks to an awesome hack from Canal House’s Christopher Hirsheimer and Melissa Hamilton, your tomato salad dreams can come true in the dead of winter. Watch this video to see how Hirsheimer and Hamilton juice up out-of-season tomatoes, then make one of these delicious salads.
1. Tomato Salad with Pickled Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Richard Blais garnishes his take on caprese salad of tomato and mozzarella with pickled walnuts, made by tossing candied walnuts with a little vinegar.
2. Tomato Salad with Horseradish Ranch Dressing
Quick, easy and full of flavor, this salad combines sweet tomatoes with spicy horseradish and cooling buttermilk.
3. Toasted Panzanella with Tomato and Fennel
Traditional panzanella is made by soaking rock-hard pieces of stale bread in ice water and squeezing them dry, then tossing them with chunks of tomato in a vinaigrette. Instead, chef Michael Romano creates a crouton-based version.
4. Greek Salad with Feta Mousse
For an inspired twist on the classic Greek salad, turn the traditional feta into a creamy, light mousse.
5. Tomato, Cucumber and Sweet Onion Salad with Cumin Salt
A sprinkling of toasted cumin seeds ground with salt gives this salad a warm depth of flavor.
6. Tomato-and-Anchovy Salad with Garlic Cream
Juicy tomatoes are incredible with briny oil-and-vinegar-marinated white anchovies.
7. Bacon and Tomato Salad
This simple salad is terrific spooned over crusty bread.