- 11 Ways to Upgrade Lasagna
- 5 Ways to Experiment with Gluten-Free Flour
- 7 Ways to Upgrade Scrambled Eggs
- How to Make Incredible Sourdough and Focaccia Bread
- What Is Mochi? (And How Should You Cook With It?)
- Eat Like a Bird With These Amazing Seed Recipes
- 6 Vegan-Friendly Snack Recipes
- 6 Ways to Make Pancakes Healthier
- 10 Ways to Make Chilled Pudding
- 6 Delicious Jerky Snacks You Should Be Eating
Here are seven fun ways to use sweet little tomatoes.
Don’t just think of cherry tomatoes (and their cousins, grape tomatoes) as a consolation while you wait for the big ones to ripen. These smaller guys are often sweeter, with a great ratio of juice to flesh. They have many more uses than salad and deserve a place in other dishes. Here are seven fun ways to use these little tomatoes.
1. Tart. Mound cherry tomatoes in a pastry shell and bake until the crust is browned.
4. Gratin. Bake tomatoes with bread cubes and herbs until the tomatoes are tender and the bread is crisp.
6. Vinaigrette. Toss the tomatoes in dressing with vinegar and shallots to spoon over salmon as it cooks.
7. Granita. Remind yourself that tomatoes are a fruit and freeze them with raspberries to make an intriguing sweet-savory palate cleanser.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter, 2016). She is also the cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.