- 11 Ways to Upgrade Steamed Mussels
- 3 Wines to Pair with Grilled Shrimp
- 3 Wines to Pair with Grilled Salmon
- The Ultimate Guide to Shower Wine
- Wines to Pair with Roasted Fish
- 11 Ways to Use Steamed Mussels
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- 8 Ways to Use Apples
- 7 Ways to Serve Clams
- 6 Ways to Use Canned Pumpkin
Here are seven fun ways to use sweet little tomatoes.
Don’t just think of cherry tomatoes (and their cousins, grape tomatoes) as a consolation while you wait for the big ones to ripen. These smaller guys are often sweeter, with a great ratio of juice to flesh. They have many more uses than salad and deserve a place in other dishes. Here are seven fun ways to use these little tomatoes.
1. Tart. Mound cherry tomatoes in a pastry shell and bake until the crust is browned.
4. Gratin. Bake tomatoes with bread cubes and herbs until the tomatoes are tender and the bread is crisp.
6. Vinaigrette. Toss the tomatoes in dressing with vinegar and shallots to spoon over salmon as it cooks.
7. Granita. Remind yourself that tomatoes are a fruit and freeze them with raspberries to make an intriguing sweet-savory palate cleanser.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter, 2016). She is also the cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.