- 8 Noodle Dishes for Chinese New Year
- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
You can do better than canned olives and shredded cheese.
The next time you’re whipping up a Taco Tuesday spread, think outside the crunchy shell. Go beyond your basic ground beef, shredded cheese, lettuce and salsa with these delicious ideas for taco toppings:
Crunchy, refreshing celery is the perfect addition to seafood tacos like these ones filled with shrimp.
3. Beef Jerky
Don’t knock it until you try it! Chewy beef jerky is a fun taco filling, especially when it’s paired with other gas station-ready ingredients like the American cheese, pork rinds and sliced ham in Roy Choi’s unorthodox tacos.
Sweet, fresh mango gives tacos like these fish-filled ones a bright, fruity punch.
Related: Tacos al Pastor Recipe
Middle East-meets-Mexican when you fill tacos with crispy falafel. Try it in this recipe.
6. Brussels Sprouts
Try topping vegetarian tacos with a crunchy, refreshing brussels sprouts slaw.
Related: Classic Ceviche Recipe
For extra-fresh fish tacos, don’t light the grill. Instead, fill tacos with citrusy, marinated ceviche. This recipe calls for striped bass or any other kind of firm white fish.