- 7 Healthy Easter Egg Recipes
- 9 Delicious Easter Lunch Ideas
- Easter Menus for Every Palate
- 7 Snacks for Easter Egg Decorating
- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Festive St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Vegetarian Recipes for a Corned Beef-Free St. Patrick's Day
- Best Corned Beef Recipes for St. Patrick's Day Dinner
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 7 Best Shrimp Tacos for #TacoTuesday
Here, seven fantastic salads that are elevated by incredible homemade croutons.
A really great crouton can take a salad from good to amazing. (If you haven’t had a great crouton, make a batch of the best croutons of your life after watching Nancy Silverton in this video.) Here, seven fantastic salads that are elevated by incredible homemade croutons.
1. Creamy Caesar Salad
This sensational take on a Caesar salad calls for Little Gem lettuce in place of romaine.
2. Escarole and Roquefort Salad
Slightly bitter escarole and pungent, salty Roquefort are delicious tossed with a simple olive oil and red wine vinegar vinaigrette.
3. Frisée Salad with Sautéed Chicken Livers
This totally satisfying salad features creamy chicken livers, crispy bacon and spicy radishes.
4. Mussel and Herb Salad
For a creative seafood salad, toss plump, cooked mussels with tomatoes, herbs, watercress and a creamy dressing.
5. Spinach Salad with Garlic-Cider Vinaigrette
Croutons are delicious in this salad because they soak up the incredible warm dressing.
6. Curly-Endive Salad with Bacon and Poached Eggs
Egg yolk cascading over curly leaves of endive is a truly delectable sight.
7. Romaine Lettuce and Cucumber Salad
This fast and easy salad is crisp and flavorful, thanks to a mustardy dressing.