- 7 Brunchy Whiskey Drinks for Moms Who Want Something Stronger Than a Mimosa
- 4 Outside-the-Box Margaritas
- 8 Cocktails to Try If You Love a Margarita
- 5 Ways to Drink Your Turmeric, Super Ingredient of the Moment
- 7 Instant Sparkling Wine Cocktails
- 4 Sage Beers to Drink This Fall
- Best Pumpkin Beers and Cocktails
- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
Are you a bourbon drinker who wants something different—but not too different? Pick up a bottle of rye.
Are you a bourbon drinker who wants something different—but not too different? Pick up a bottle of rye. Drier-tasting than bourbon but with the same fall-friendly richness, rye whiskey is a great way to revitalize your drinking repertoire. Here, seven cocktails to make with rye.
1. Whiskey Chai
For this warm, boozy nightcap, spiced chai tea is spiked with whiskey.
2. Memorial Union Old-Fashioned
This take on an Old-Fashioned is sweetened with maple syrup.
In this intensified Sidecar, bartender Jonny Raglin replaces the orange curaçao with pear and ginger liqueurs and uses two bonded (aged, 100-proof) spirits: Laird’s apple brandy and Rittenhouse rye whiskey, which Raglin says tastes like “pumpernickel spice.”
4. Trailer Park Smash
Bartender Gui Jaroschy sweetens this rye and beer punch with an easy caraway syrup.
5. Mark the Bird
Manuka honey, from the New Zealand manuka bush, sweetens this sour-style drink.
6. Filibuster Cocktail
This tangy, creamy cocktail is shaken with an egg white for a deliciously foamy head.
7. Seven Sins Cocktail
The Jack Rose (applejack, lime juice and grenadine) is one of mixologist John Coltharp’s favorite brandy drinks. This cocktail is his attempt to convert it into a whiskey cocktail.