- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
While the Olympic athletes might be on strict diets, you're free to enjoy the fantastic foods of the event's host country.
While the Olympic athletes might be on strict diets, you're free to enjoy the fantastic foods of the event's host country. Here are 7 Russian and Russia-inspired recipes to enjoy while watching the games.
1. Russian-Style Salad Niçoise
Smoked trout and a creamy horseradish dressing take the place of the French version's classic tuna and vinaigrette.
2. Winter Borscht with Brisket
This classic Russian soup is perfect for a cold winter day.
3. Chilled Russian Borscht
For those in warmer climates, this luscious beet soup is delicious with a dollop of rich, tart sour cream.
4. Russian-style Chicken Cutlets
Butter and cream keep these simple cutlets moist.
5. Corn Bread for Khrushchev
Anya von Bremzen's delicious recipe pays cheeky tribute to the former Russian premier Nikita Khrushchev, who was known for his obsession with planting corn.
7. Guest-at-the-Doorstep Apple-Berry Charlotte
This fantastic dessert features sliced tart apples, berries and a simple batter.