- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Hosting a pool party this weekend? Swap out the cooler full of beer for a cocktail. Here are seven excellent drinks to make poolside.
Hosting a pool party this weekend? Swap out the cooler full of beer for a cocktail. Here are seven excellent drinks to make poolside:
1. Cucumber Margarita
The only thing more refreshing than a margarita is one made with cucumbers. The cucumber-infused tequila also makes a great punch.
2. Strawberry-Lemon Mojitos
Strawberries sweeten these mojitos. Use a molasses-based rum (like white Brugal) for a smoother drink, or a sugarcane-based rum (such as white Barbancourt) for a drier cocktail.
3. Brewsky Sangria
Roger Kugler's tangy beer-based sangria was inspired by a British customer's request for a shandy, a refreshing blend of lager beer and lemonade or soda.
4. Pineapple-Sake Sangria with Jalapeño
This sake-based punch from chef Helene Henderson is refreshing and spicy thanks to an easy-to-make jalapeño syrup.
5. Rum & Tonic
Todd Thrasher says this cocktail puts him in vacation mode. He’s a longtime scuba diver, and when he visits the Caribbean island of Bonaire, this is his go-to drink after a day in the water.
6. Strawberry-Basil-Balsamic Daiquiri
This pleasantly sweet-tangy drink was inspired by the classic Italian pairing of strawberries and balsamic vinegar.
7. Watermelon-Tequila Cocktail
When watermelon is in abundance, this is a great way to use it. Bobby Flay purees seedless watermelon chunks, then strains the juice through a sieve and mixes it with silver tequila, sugar syrup, blueberries, mint and fresh lime juice.