- 7 Best Parfaits to Show Off Summer Fruit
- 5 Brilliant Ways to Use Feta for Summer
- 15 August Bucket List Recipes to Prolong Summer
- 10 Recipes to Celebrate Julia Child's Birthday
- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
If you cook, you've no doubt heard that seafood and cheese don't go together. No one knows precisely why this idea developed (Smithsonian magazine posits that it could be because seafood's flavors are delicate and easily overwhelmed, or perhaps because Italy's prime historical cheesemaking districts are landlocked), but today we'd like to point out that it's totally not true. Here, seven recipes that prove seafood and cheese make a delicious pair.
1. Shrimp Enchiladas
Experiment by swapping out cheddar cheese for Monterey Jack or varying the spiciness of the salsa in this classic enchilada recipe.
2. Spaghetti with Scallops, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olives
This recipe draws on chef Laurent Tourondel's ravioli, which are filled with sun-dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese and set on a sea scallop seared in oil with fresh breadcrumbs.
3. Marinated Tuna Tartare with Goat Cheese
Getting the right balance for this sublime first course requires the very best-quality tuna and fresh goat cheese that's not too strongly flavored.
4. Mussels Steamed in Tomato Broth with Goat Cheese
Mussel, tomato juice and celery seeds make a delicious broth to accompany steamed mussels.
5. Smoked-Trout Salad with Goat-Cheese Croûtes
Smoked trout fillets pair with creamy goat cheese in this delectable salad.
6. Shrimp and Goat Cheese Risotto
Chef Laurent Tourondel's recipe offers pesto risotto with shrimp in a pool of foamy goat cheese.
7. Creamy Seafood Risotto
Mascarpone is the secret to this rich risotto.