- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Here are seven delicious banana recipes to enjoy before Bananageddon.
Bananas as we know them are in danger. The culprit is a fungus, commonly known as Panama disease, which infects the roots of banana plants and causes them to rot. The disease was first reported in Taiwan and Indonesia, but has now spread to Australia and most recently, Africa. While it remains to be seen if the fungus has arrived in Latin America (where most of the bananas found in the U.S. are grown), it can't hurt to play it safe. Here are seven delicious banana recipes to enjoy before Bananageddon.
1. Banana Smoothies
Bananas star in this healthy, super-fast breakfast shake.
2. Banana-Walnut Baked Quinoa and Oatmeal
This delicious breakfast casserole is a great way to use overripe bananas.
3. Pan Roasted Bananas
Nancy Silverton's delicious, tender bananas are coated with brown sugar caramel.
4. Banana Custard-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cupcakes
These over-the-top treats are completely gluten-free.
5. Best-Ever Banana Splits
What's the secret to this incredible dessert? Fudgy chocolate sauce and a light, crunchy almond topping.
6. Cinnamon-Banana Bread
This healthy version of the classic bread is sweetened with agave nectar.
7. Miss Myra's Banana Pudding
"It's the most famous, most amazing, best tasting banana pudding recipe in the world," says Andrew Zimmern.