Many sandwiches are classics, but some are so brilliant that we think of them as iconic flavor profiles. Consider the Reuben’s complex mix of salty meat and tangy-sweet Thousand Island dressing, or the BEC’s sublime pairing of gooey cheese with fluffy eggs. Inspired by those amazing sandwiches and others, we came up with a few recipes that take your favorite sandwiches and transform them into dining table-worthy dishes.
1. Creamy Reuben Chowder with Rye Croutons
This tangy chowder is like a Reuben sandwich on a spoon, with smoky sausage, sauerkraut and rye croutons.
- 5 Breadless Sandwiches with Substitutes Like Latkes and Eggs
- 7 Ways to Make a Better Tuna Sandwich
- 5 Best Ham-and-Cheese Sandwiches
2. Nook and Cranny-Breakfast Sandwich Bread Pudding
All of the classic breakfast sandwich ingredients go into this savory bread pudding: bacon, egg and cheese.