- This London Bar Is Making Wine-Free Wines
- Flowery Cocktails for Bridal Showers
- The Best Canned Wines for Undercover Drinking on New Year's Eve
- 7 Ways to Transform the Appletini into a Respectable Cocktail
- 9 Margaritas to Drink With Your Friends on Valentine's Day
- 7 Low Alcohol Cocktails To Drink All Day Long on Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Make an Ultra-Springy Pimm's Cup
- 5 Better Ways to Take New Year's Eve Shots
- 9 Gins to Try for World Gin Day
- Here's Why a Bloody Bull is Better Than a Bloody Mary
Here, 7 minty non-juleps to drink at your Kentucky Derby celebration.
Place your bets—Derby weekend is upon us! During the two-day event at Churchill Downs, fans drink more than 120,000 mint juleps. It's a great cocktail, but there are so many other ways to incorporate mint into bracing spring drinks. Here, 7 minty non-juleps to drink at your Kentucky Derby celebration.
1. Rosemary-Mint Highball
Tequila is the base for this fragrant drink.
2. Pomelo-Mint Mojito
This refreshing take on the classic mojito is made with pomelo, an Asian citrus fruit that resembles a thick-skinned grapefruit.
3. Cucumber Mint Creole
The classic Creole cocktail—gin, lemon juice and sherry—is the basis for this drink.
4. Flight of Fancy
This cocktail calls for homemade mint soda—use it right away to impart a grassy freshness.
5. Lemony Fresh Herb Coolers
The unusual combination of fresh basil, cilantro, mint and tarragon makes for a delightfully refreshing beverage.
6. Pepper Delicious
The herby flavors of the gin combined with the mint and pepper in this cocktail will be a revelation for the non-gin drinker.
7. Old Faithful Punch
Grapefruit adds a sweet-tart flavor to this citrusy large-batch drink.