- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
- 12 Boozy Tea Drinks to Toast the Return of Downton Abbey
- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
Here, 7 minty non-juleps to drink at your Kentucky Derby celebration.
Place your bets—Derby weekend is upon us! During the two-day event at Churchill Downs, fans drink more than 120,000 mint juleps. It's a great cocktail, but there are so many other ways to incorporate mint into bracing spring drinks. Here, 7 minty non-juleps to drink at your Kentucky Derby celebration.
1. Rosemary-Mint Highball
Tequila is the base for this fragrant drink.
2. Pomelo-Mint Mojito
This refreshing take on the classic mojito is made with pomelo, an Asian citrus fruit that resembles a thick-skinned grapefruit.
3. Cucumber Mint Creole
The classic Creole cocktail—gin, lemon juice and sherry—is the basis for this drink.
4. Flight of Fancy
This cocktail calls for homemade mint soda—use it right away to impart a grassy freshness.
5. Lemony Fresh Herb Coolers
The unusual combination of fresh basil, cilantro, mint and tarragon makes for a delightfully refreshing beverage.
6. Pepper Delicious
The herby flavors of the gin combined with the mint and pepper in this cocktail will be a revelation for the non-gin drinker.
7. Old Faithful Punch
Grapefruit adds a sweet-tart flavor to this citrusy large-batch drink.