- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Now that you have a mighty-fine delicious and crispy (and healthy!) taco bowl, courtesy of Mad Genius Justin Chapple, fill it with a festive Mexican dip. Try one of these seven killer recipes.
Now that you have a mighty-fine delicious and crispy (and healthy!) taco bowl, courtesy of Mad Genius Justin Chapple, fill it with a festive Mexican dip. Try one of these seven killer recipes:
1. Toasted Pumpkin Seed Dip
Chef Alex Stupak prepares this outstanding Yucatán-style dip (called sikil pak in Mayan) by pureeing pumpkin seeds (sikil) with roasted tomatoes (pak), garlic and chile.
2. Spicy Black Bean Dip with Cotija Cheese
This no-cook, healthy dip comes together in just ten minutes.
Related: Top 100 Mexican Recipes
3. Corn Queso Fundido
F&W's Justin Chapple uses frozen sweet corn to create this cheesy, slightly spicy dip.
4. Tomatillo-Poblano Guacamole
In this lightened version of guacamole, tomatillo puree replaces some of the rich avocado, adding a bit of sweetness and tang; roasted poblano contributes a little heat. Stretching the recipe with roasted peppers, cherry or grape tomatoes, or diced jicama, mango or papaya would lighten it even more.
5. Pico de Gallo
The vibrant pico de gallo is incredibly versatile. Try it on any simply grilled meats.
6. Roasted Pepper, Almond and Cilantro Pesto
This Mexican-inspired pesto gets a terrific heat from paprika, chili powder and cayenne.
7. Spicy Three-Pepper Guacamole
Jalapeño and serrano peppers, with a Fresno chile, bring the heat to this fresh guacamole.