- 8 Noodle Dishes for Chinese New Year
- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
In this week’s Mad Genius Tips video, F&W Test Kitchen whiz Justin Chapple revealed the trick to chopping perfectly even carrot chunks. Master the skill by practicing with these seven fantastic, carrot-packed recipes.
In this week’s Mad Genius Tips video, F&W Test Kitchen whiz Justin Chapple revealed the trick to chopping perfectly even carrot chunks. Master the skill by practicing with these seven fantastic, carrot-packed recipes—all gluten-free in honor of F&W’s Gluten-Free Week.
1. Sautéed Carrots with Lemon and Marjoram
Lemon juice and garlic balance sweet sautéed carrots flavored with fresh marjoram. A simple yet exceptional side dish, it goes equally well alongside meat, fish or poultry.
2. Roasted Vegetables with Fresh Herbs
When roasting vegetables, it's important to chop them evenly so they cook at the same rate.
3. Carrots with Tahini Dressing
This incredibly simple side dish is as good with steamed fish as it is with roast chicken or pork.
4. Carrots with Lime Butter
This healthy side dish gets a touch of butter for richness—it also helps promote the absorption of vitamin A from the carrots.
5. Chickpeas with Tomatoes and Carrots
Starting with dried chickpeas instead of canned ones makes all the difference in this citrusy side dish.
6. Braised Carrots with Thyme
These sweet carrots can be cooked up to a full day day ahead of time and gently reheated in their liquid before serving.
7. Savory Baked Carrot and Broccoli Rabe Terrine
This savory vegetarian terrine is made with a mix of sautéed carrots, mushrooms, cheddar cheese and broccoli rabe.