- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- 5 Warming Recipes for National Hot Toddy Day
- 11 Absinthe Cocktails for National Absinthe Day
- 4 Healthy(ish) Ways to Get Your Eggnog Fix
- 7 Homemade Infused Simple Syrups to Stock Your Spring Bar
- 9 Minty Cocktails to Make with Crème de Menthe
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- How to Make a Giant Bottled Martini for Your Holiday Party
- 5 Beers Made by Real Monks
Drinking on Thanksgiving isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon. If you start pounding the Zinfandel or slamming high-octane beers before Santa has even made his way through the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, you’re probably not going to make it to pie. Instead, slowly sip on these low-impact cocktails.
1. Michelada Gingembre
This version of a Shandygaff (citrus soda mixed with lager) is made with fresh ginger juice and a hoppy IPA. Adding a dash of hot sauce makes the drink even better.
2. Fennel Ridgecrests
Fresh fennel juice is the base for this delicious cocktail.
3. Hat Trick
This delicious, bitter, spritzy cocktail is a great aperitif.
4. Low Approach
This wintry beer cocktail is spiked with sweet vermouth, Lillet Blanc and an allspice dram.
5. Tante’s Medicine
This sensational take on a hot toddy is made with B&B liqueur, an herbaceous mix of Cognac and Benedictine.
It doesn’t get simpler than this two-ingredient sherry cocktail.
7. Cranberry-Spice Cocktail
With tangy cranberry and spicy ginger, this is the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail.